The Aarogyasri Card is a health card issued by the state government of Andhra Pradesh to provide medical access to economically backward families. It is an important tool for individuals and families living below the poverty line and is designed to ensure that they have access to quality healthcare services at affordable rates. Having an AP Aarogyasri Card can be incredibly helpful, as it enables the holder to avail a range of treatments and procedures at subsidised prices.
AP YSR Aarogyasri Card Scheme
The AP YSR Aarogyasri Card Scheme is an innovative health care initiative launched by the Andhra Pradesh government. The scheme was designed to provide comprehensive health coverage to economically disadvantaged families in the state. It seeks to ensure that access to good quality medical services and treatments are available, regardless of one’s financial standing.
Under the scheme, beneficiaries receive a health card which offers coverage for over 1400 medical procedures and treatments at over 500+ network hospitals across Andhra Pradesh. This includes surgeries, consultations, diagnostics tests and hospitalization expenses up to a cap of Rs 5 lakh per family per year. The scheme also covers pre-existing conditions with no waiting period involved. Additionally, medicines provided by network hospitals are free of cost under this scheme. To apply for the card, individuals must be residents of AP and come from economically backward sections as defined by State Government rules.
Objective Of The Aarogyasri Card Scheme
- The Aarogyasri Card Scheme is an Indian health insurance scheme that has been put in place to provide financial assistance for medical treatments and healthcare services for individuals from economically weaker sections of society.
- The primary objective of this scheme is to provide quality healthcare services to people who otherwise would be unable to afford such treatments due to their limited financial resources.
- Under the Aarogyasri Card Scheme, households with an annual income below Rs. 5 lakhs can avail up to Rs. 3 lakhs worth of coverage per family unit in a year.
- This includes both outpatient and inpatient treatment, which covers pre-existing as well as newly diagnosed diseases like cancer, heart ailments, kidney failure, etc.
- The scheme also provides funding for tests and surgeries related to the existing conditions or emergencies faced by the insured person.
Update Of The Aarogyasri Health Scheme
- Recently, the Government of Andhra Pradesh has announced an update to the Aarogyasri Health Scheme which will expand coverage and add additional treatments and procedures.
- These changes are set to take effect from April 1st 2021 and include expanded coverage for mental health issues as well as treatments for noncommunicable diseases like cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and respiratory disorders.
- Additionally, more services such as specialized care for geriatric and pediatric patients will be included among other new treatments.
Eligibility Criteria of Aarogyasri Health Scheme
The Aarogyasri Health Scheme is a government-funded health insurance program designed to provide financial assistance to people from below the poverty line (BPL) households in India. This scheme offers cashless and hassle-free access to quality medical treatment at various hospitals across the country. Understanding eligibility criteria is an important step before applying for this scheme.
- To receive benefits under this scheme, it is necessary to fulfill certain conditions.
- All members of BPL families who are citizens of India can apply for Aarogyasri Health Scheme.
- Applicants must also be aged between 18-64 years and not have any other form of health insurance coverage.
- Additionally, all applications must include a certificate issued by the Gram Panchayat or MRO (Mandal Revenue Officer).
- Furthermore, applicants are required to submit their Aadhaar card as proof of identity and residence.
- Aadhaar card
- BPL certificate
- Income Certificate
- Residential proof
List of Chronical Out-Patient Procedure
- Bronchial Asthma
- CAD – Medical
- Cardiac Failure
- Chronic Hepatitis
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Convulsive Disorder
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Osteo Arthritis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Psychosis and OtherChronic PsychiatricProblems
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- SLE and OtherConnective TissueDisorder
- Type 1 DM
- Type 2 DM
- Vascular OcclusiveDisorders of Extremities
Hospital List for Chronical Treatment
|District||Name of Hospital|
|Anantapaur||Govt. General Hospital – Ananthapur|
|Chittoor||Sri Venkateshwara Institute of Medical Sciences (SVIMS) – Tirupati SVRR Government General Hospital – Tirupathi|
|East Godavari||Government General Hospital – Kakinada|
|Guntur||Governance General Hospital – Guntur|
|Krishna||Government General Hospital – Vijayawada|
|Kurnool||Government General Hospital – Kurnool|
|Nellore||DSR Hospital Nellore Tie-Up Hospital – Narayana Medical College Hospital – Nellore|
|Prakasam||Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) – Ongole|
|Srikakulam||Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) – Srikakulam|
|Visakhapatnam||King George Hospital – Visakhapatnam|
|Vizianagaram||District Hosptial Tie-up Hospital – Maharaja Institute of Medical Sciences – Vizianagaram|
|West Godavari||District Hospital Tie-up Hospital – Alluri Seetharamaraju Academy Medical Sciences (ASRAM) – Eluru|
|YSR Kadapa||Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) – YSR Kadapa|
|Adilabad||Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences ( RIMS ) – Adilabad|
|Hyderabad||Osmania General Hospital – HyderabadGandhi Hospital – Hyderabad|
|Karimnagar||District Hospital Tie-up Hospital Prathima Institute of Medical Sciences Karimnagar|
|Khammam||District Hospital Tie-up Hospital Mamatha General & Super Speciality Hospital Khammam|
|Mahabubnagar||Govt General Hospital Tie – up Hospital S.V.S Hospital – Mahabubnagar|
|Medak||District Hospital Sangareddy Tie-up Hospital MNR Medical College Hospital, Sangareddy|
|Nalgonda||Govt. General Hospital – Nalgonda Tie-up Hospital Kamineni Instantiate of Medical Sciences – Narketpally, Nalgonda|
|Nizamabad||Govt. General Hospital – Nizamabad|
|Rangareddy||Gandhi Hospital – Hyderabad Osmania General Hospital – Hyderabad|
|Warangal||Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Hospital – Warangal|
Procedure to Download Aarogyasri Card
For those living in Telangana State, the Aarogyasri Card serves as an important tool for accessing healthcare services. This card is issued to families below poverty line and provides access to free or low-cost healthcare services. To make sure you can get the best treatment possible, it’s important to know how to download your Aarogyasri Card.
- First, you should contact the MeeSeva center nearest you.
- They will provide information on what documents are required in order to apply for an Aarogyasri Card and help you fill out the application form.
- Once all of your documents have been verified, they will issue a unique ID which is used for downloading your Aarogyasri Card from their website.
Application Process under Aarogyasri Card Scheme
Aarogyasri Card Scheme is a government-funded health insurance scheme for those who are below the poverty line in India. It was launched in 2006 and has since helped millions of people access much-needed medical treatments at an affordable cost. For those looking to apply for Aarogyasri, here are a few steps to get started:
- Firstly, you need an Aadhaar card or any valid ID proof from the list mentioned by the state government.
- You will also have to provide your financial status by submitting income proofs like salary slips or bank statements as per requirements of your state government.
- After this, you can either register online on the official website or visit the nearest hospital empanelled with Aarogyasri Health Care Trust (AHCT).
- There you will be required to fill out an application form and submit all relevant documents along with it.