In today’s time, the Indian government launched various kinds of schemes and Yojana welfare and financial assistance for the weaker sections of the society. 11 many schemes which are launched by the Ministry Of Social justice and empowerment which helps the Indian citizens to provide them with financial help for their date today expenses. One of the great schemes launched by the central government is the Deendayal disabled rehabilitation scheme which is launched by the department of empowerment of person are which has the people of the country facing disabilities and unable to earn their livelihood. This scheme is a project of Central government schemes that provide financial assistance to two related NGOs which are involved in education and rehabilitation of individuals who are facing disabilities issues and enable to do the same.
DDRS Scheme details
This scheme is launched by the Central Government (Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment). Voluntary action for persons with disabilities is promoted through this scheme. The main objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to voluntary organizations, which will provide the entire range of services required for the rehabilitation of persons with disabilities. This category will include early intervention, development of daily living skills, education, employment-skills, skill-oriented training, and awareness generation. This scheme is for the development and upliftment of disabled people, so that the disabled can get employment along with employment. The scheme will increase educational opportunities at all levels and in all forms and expand the scope of business and business opportunities, income generation and profitable businesses. Check the information at the official website @ disabilityaffairs.gov.in.
deendayal disabled rehabilitation scheme launch date
DDRS is a Central Sector Scheme of the Government of India which is being implemented since 1999 for providing financial assistance to NGOs working for education and rehabilitation of persons with disabilities. This scheme was revised in 2018 and the revised scheme is being implemented since 1st April 2018.
Deendayal Disabled Rehabilitation Scheme Benefits
- Deendayal provides benefits for the upliftment of disabled persons and leading a better life under the Disabled Rehabilitation Scheme.
- The main objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to voluntary organizations, which will provide the entire range of services required for the rehabilitation of persons with disabilities.
- This scheme is a project of Central government schemes that provide financial assistance to two related NGOs which are involved in education and rehabilitation of individuals who are facing disabilities issues and enable to do the same.
- Under this scheme, educational opportunities at all levels and in all forms will be increased and the scope of vocational and vocational opportunities, income generation, and gainful occupations and employment and job opportunities will be expanded.
- Through this scheme, ensuring equal opportunities, fairness, social justice, and empowerment to create an enabling environment for people with disabilities and effective implementation of people with disabilities will encourage voluntary action.
- Under this scheme, various special schools will be opened with Disability Rehabilitation Centers.
Approach and Strategy for Scheme
- Project for Pre-school and Early Intervention and Training
- Special school
- Project for children with cerebral palsy
- Vocational training center
- Sheltered workshop
- Project for Rehabilitation of Leprosy Treated Persons
- Half-way home for psychosocial rehabilitation of treated and controlled mental patients
- Projects related to survey, identity, awareness, and empowerment
- Home-Based Rehabilitation Program / Home Management Program
- Community-based rehabilitation project
- Short vision center project
- The human resource development project
- Seminar / Workshop / Rural Camp
- Environment-friendly and environmental promotional projects for the disabled
- Computer grant
- building construction
- Legal Literacy, including Legal Counseling, Legal Aid and Analysis and Evaluation of Current Laws Project
- District Disability Rehabilitation Center
Amount of assistance available under the scheme
The amount of aid/grant-in-aid is determined based on the scope and merits of the project proposal. Which can be up to 90 percent of the budgetary amount for a project, which is based on fixed cost norms. To increase NGOs’ slow self-reliance, a grant reduction has been implemented every year in 5 percent of urban areas for projects already funded for 7 years to reduce funding levels by 75 percent.
how to apply
The following organizations/institutions will be eligible to apply under this scheme:
- Organizations registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 (1860) or a related Act of the State / Union Territory, or
- Any public trust registered under any law applicable under the trade order, or
- Any charitable company licensed under section 25 of the Companies Act, 1958,
- At the time of applying for a grant under this scheme, there should be at least 2 years of registration.
Organizations/institutions should have the following characteristics:
- It should have a properly written and clearly defined managing body with powers, duties, and responsibilities.
- It should have operations/facilities and experience to run the program.
- It is not run by any person or body of individuals for profit.
- It does not discriminate against any person or group of people on the basis of gender, religion, caste, or creed.
- It should have been in existence for 2 years.
- Its financial position should be strengthened.
- The organization will first submit a proposal to the concerned District Social Welfare Officer of the concerned state government.
- After completing the required formalities, the District Social Welfare Officer will forward the proposal along with the inspection report to the concerned state government.
- The concerned State Government will forward the proposal of the organization to the Government of India after it has been approved by the State Level Multi-disciplinary Grant-in-aid Committee.
- This department has developed a centralized online application software on the website of the Ministry with the help of the National Informatics Center (NIC). All applications are invited by the non-governmental organizations for grant
- Assistance under Deen Dayalviklang Rehabilitation Scheme on the Ministry’s website under the online process.
Procedure for sanctioning and release of funds
- The department holds periodic meetings of the screening committee constituted to consider the proposals of organizations forwarded by the state governments.
- Proposals containing all required requisite documents and recommended by the screening committee meeting all the criteria, are processed for the approval and consent of the Integrated Finance Division (IFD) for the release of grant-in-aid.
- After approval of the Integrated Finance Division (IFD), administrative approval of the competent authority is obtained for release of grant-in-aid.
- The approval letter is issued after the administrative approval of the competent officer and its bill is sent to the Department’s Pay and Accounts Office for the release of the sanctioned amount in the bank account of the organization.
- For further grant assistance, the organization is considered only after receipt of the utilization certificate in respect of the grant assistance released earlier.